The Society is an organisation with members spread world-wide. We exist to help each other in our research and to educate people in family history.
The following are some of the benefits of membership:
- Receive a free copy of our quarterly Journal.
- Contribute to the members' Help Wanted section of the Journal.
- Contribute to and read on line, the yearly publication of our 'Members Interests'.
- Publication of your interests on this site.
- Access to a network of members with similar interests.
- Themed monthly meetings.
- Access to our library holdings whilst the Local Studies Library is open (production of current membership card is required).
- Free use of our equipment, including fiche and fiche readers.
- Participate in worthwhile and interesting projects that are of benefit to all members of the Society.
- Photo link - a photographic service run by the Society whereby photographs of sites in the area can be photographed at the member's request. Enquiries about this service should be directed to the Society, nominating your membership number. A small fee is required to cover expenses.
- Access to records held personally by Society Committee members (a small fee required to cover expenses).
- Access to 'Members Only' area of the web site (Registration required), which includes
- - Biographies of your committee members
- - Library of donated Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
- - The catalogue of library holdings
- - War memorials in detail including
- - Links to soldiers details where available